Monday, February 16, 2009

Surviving Terrible Two's


Okay, now that we have shared the lipstick story, I have to share the other events that have transpired over the last couple of weeks. On Sunday, (2 weeks ago), Skater climbed up on the shelf that I keep my fingernail polish on and got down my DARK brown fingernail polish. He decided to paint my toilet seat, the white molding around the doors in my bathroom and closets, and finally, he painted my shoes. And not just any inexpensive shoes. He got my new Naughty Monkey "Double Dare" Sara Palin shoes! Along with several others. Since then, I have found traces of fingernail polish in places that I don't know how he could even reach! The next day, I was on the phone with the hospital, trying to pay some bills, and Skater was nippin' at my heels (ya know how kids do the second you get on the phone) and I couldn't hear, so I locked him out of my room. (What was I thinking!?!?!?) He crawled up on the counter and took two huge chunks,with his hands, out of the wedding cake that I had spent 4 whole days making for my brother's wedding! The kid is lucky to be alive right now. Needless to say, that side of the cake faced the back! And then a few days later, we were at the parking lot of the bank, and I put my purse in the front seat, buckled Skater in the back car seat, and took Cobester around to buckle him in. By the time that I had buckeled in Cobes, Skater had weaseled his way out of the car seat, went to the front seat and locked the door. I shut Cobster's door before I realized that he had locked the doors. So I panicked, and started banging on the window to tell Skater to unlock the door. Then, of course, it became a game! He unlocked it quickly and then relocked it before I could get the door opened. Then he went to the back of the Denali and hid, face-down, on the seat and played peek-a-boo. Then he decided that now was a good time to search through my purse and find a piece of gum, which he did, and he smiled at me as he threw the wrapper on the ground. (He knows how big of a no-no that is!) All the while I am screaming in rage for him to unlock the door. Even thrugh my furry, I couldn't help but turn my head and laugh a little at the thought of what an idiot I must have looked like! Believe it or not, no one even stopped to help or make sure everything was alright. I had no way to call anyone or anything because my purse with everything in it was in the front seat. I was afraid to leave the scene in case he decided to unlock the door and come running after me. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place! Finally, a guy that pulled up saw my dilemma and let me use his phone to call 911. I offered to let the policeman take him home, but that did not go over very well. Just kidding. Yeah, I am terrified for what is to come as this kid enters his teenage years!

5 comments:

Paul and Kelly said...

Oh wow!!! I think you have your hands full! Good luck with that! How are you guys?

Miss Jana said...

Good thing he is so stinkin cute!

Burrups said...

Oh man!! What a past couple of weeks. Too funny!!

da mama said...

Being cute is the only thing that saves his bacon!!!!

Ceri said...

Poor you! I *thought* Bryleigh was a handful, but you win! What a stinker, he needs a new nick name!